Approved usage for Colchester United's Florence Park training ground is as follows:-
The Training Ground shall not operate outside the following times:
1. August – April (inclusive)
• Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays – 09.30 – 15.30 (with ½ hour lunch between 12.15 – 12.45)
• Wednesdays – No use (unless the club has a rare Thursday fixture in which case, the ‘no train’ day will be swapped for another weekday during the same week).
• Saturdays – 10.00 – 13.00
• Sundays – 10.00 – 13.00
2. May and June
• No use of pitches for training purposes.
• Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays – 10.00 – 17.00 (with 1 hour lunch between 13.00 – 14.00)
• Saturdays - 10.00 – 13.00
• Sundays – No use
Noise Control Measures
The following noise control measures have been introduced by Colchester United FC:
• Signs have been erected around the training ground advising players and supporters to refrain from use of bad language.
• All current Colchester United management and coaching staff have been instructed to refrain from the use of bad language and to be aware of excessive noise levels.
• All current playing staff have been instructed to refrain from the use of bad language and to be aware of excessive noise levels.
• New players, coaches & managers will be instructed to refrain from the use of bad language and to be aware of excessive noise levels at their initial induction.
• Quieter whistles have been purchased and issued to all coaches & managers. The model 622 Denbigh whistle which the club has purchased is specifically designed to be quieter by reducing air flow and hence volume by 20% over standard whistles.
• A section on the club website will be dedicated to inform residents of noise reduction measures and forthcoming activities, especially for Wednesday usage.
• No use of the halves of the pitches closest to Sparrow Cottage by mini soccer teams on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Maintenance equipment use which is clearly audible on the site boundary will only be used between the hours of 8.00 and 18.00 Monday – Saturday.
• Where practical, silencers will be fitted to all maintenance equipment which is clearly audible at the site boundary.
• No sports pitch will be laid out closer than 40 metres to a residential boundary that was in existence when the planning permission was originally granted.
• Only two training pitches may be used at any one time apart from on Sunday mornings where 3 ‘halves’ may be used.
• The club is sanctioned to exceed the limit of two pitches used at once on up to six occasions per year. In this case, residents will be informed in writing and by via the website with details. The club will supply this information no less than a week in advance of the event.
Regular liaison meetings will be held at Florence Park to which members of the local community, CBC officers and members of Tiptree Parish Council will be invited to attend.
The purpose of these meetings is to ensure CUFC are doing their utmost to satisfy the needs of the community and identify opportunities to develop the relationship.
Usage of each pitch at Florence Park will be governed by wear and tear/maintenance requirements.