The Joy Of Moving programme is a national school-based educational programme for children aged 9-10 years old, run by football community trusts across the country. It aims to encourage physical activity, promote nutritional education and build awareness of the importance of a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
Over six weeks, Year 5 children will spend 30 minutes completing a practical session and will then spend 30 minutes in the classroom covering six different topics related to the body, nutrition, the importance of exercise and information about food groups, in line with the recommendations outlined in the Government’s Eat well Guide.
Ferrero is supporting the project as part of its global Kinder Sport initiative, which is designed to get children moving. As a pillar of the company’s CSR activity, it is completely separate from any promotional or branded initiatives and children will never see the brand name in schools, nor will they ever receive any product
The aims of the Move and Learn Project are for children to:
- Learn the importance of a healthy, balanced diet
- Learn the importance of activity every day for both physical and emotional well-being.
- Learn the importance of eating in moderate quantities
The learning outcomes of the + Sport Move and Learn Project are:
- To enable children to understand the importance of exercise in a balanced lifestyle
- To enable children to identify the nutritional components of their diet and recognise the quantities of each that they are eating
- To enable children to identify that food is the fuel that allows the body to function correctly
- To provide maths and literacy activities to support children’s learning
- To provide fun activities that promote health and physical activity in a positive way
The programme’s aims and learning outcomes follow the National Curriculum focusing on PSHE and Science.
For more details, please contact Sam on Sam.Beavis@colchesterunited.net or 01206 755160.