Male College Programme
The Colchester United Football College is a Sixth Form and Football education programme based at Thurstable Sports College and Sixth Form.
This is a great opportunity for candidates to continue with their education as well as develop further as a footballer and coach.
Unlike many other Football programmes, we offer a range of academic courses including A Levels, BTECs and GCSE re-sits.
The programme has been running successfully since September 2009 and is now established as one of the top post-16 football/education programmes in Essex, providing all of the following:
• High quality coaching delivered by our experienced UEFA B/UEFA A Qualified coaches
• Opportunities to train at Colchester United First Team Training Ground, Florence Park
• Tailored education programmes
• Visits & social events to JobServe Community Stadium, home of Colchester United FC
• Clear pathway into potential employment within Colchester United Football in the Community, Scholarships or University placements
• Opportunity to obtain Football Association coaching qualifications (FA Level 1 & 2) as well as Emergency First Aid, Safeguarding Children and Refereeing Awards
• Excellent facilities at Thurstable Sixth Form – BRAND NEW 3G AstroTurf for the 2017/18 academic year, Indoor 3G dome, gymnasium, spin cycle room and sports halls.
All successful candidates will attend Thurstable on a daily basis as part of their education timetable with the football programme training sessions taking place four afternoons a week after school.
Football College fixtures will take place on Wednesdays as part of the British College Sport, National College Football League.
To speak to us about the programme, please contact Rick Goldsbrough on 01206 755133 or alternatively email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"The purpose of the Football College is to provide a unique experience in which those selected would have the opportunity to be trained by top Colchester United coaches.
This will be a prestigious and enriching experience that will enhance the career and prospects of students whose passion and flair for sport has already been recognised.”