Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

10 February 2018 Venue Brunton Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

U's Wait On Murray

Midfielder recovering from ankle injury

9 February 2018

Colchester United travel to Carlisle United on Saturday, with a place in midfield potentially up grabs.

The U's saw Sean Murray substituted early in the second half against Newport with an ankle injury and, although it isn't as bad as originally feared, the U's may have to be without the former Watford man at Brunton Park.

They will also make a decision on the fitness of Ryan Inniss and Doug Loft, both of whom have been missing in recent weeks.

The U's have lost only two of their last eleven games, but will want to build on last weekend's win over Newport if they are to close the gap on the top seven.

Ticket prices for the game are HERE.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

U's Held At Carlisle

Senior strikes in draw at Brunton Park

10 February 2018

Colchester United concede late to draw 1-1 against Carlisle United.

They went ahead through Courtney Senior in the first half, and looked like they would hold on for the vital away win.

A stunning free kick from Jamie Devitt earned the hosts a draw though, with the  leveller coming just twelve minutes from time.

John McGreal made two changes to his starting line-up, bringing in Drey Wright and Ben Stevenson for Sean Murray and Kane Vincent-Young.

The game started with both sides looking positive, and it was the U’s who had the first opening, and it was two of the three centre halves involved.

A wide free kick just evaded Tom Eastman, but Luke Prosser was able to pull it back to Eastman on the edge of the box – the shot was blocked by a home defender.

Two efforts from distance then went close for the hosts, with Etuhu hitting his wide before Devitt cleared the bar.

There was already an end to end feel about the game, and the U’s were next to attack, with Senior shooting over when the better option might have been a ball right to Ryan Jackson.

Walker in the U’s goal then made the save of the game to prevent a Carlisle opener, diving full length to his left to push away a Stockton header that looked destined for the back of the net.

Chances were then traded, with Walker having to make three saves from long range efforts whilst U’s shots from Jackson, Mandron and Wright all failed to hit the target.

With the half coming to an end, the hosts looked for an opener with a corner – it turned out to be an opener for the U’s on the break.

Walker thought he was fouled as he went for the corner, the ball dropped to Mandron, who cleverly found Stevenson breaking free inside the U’s half.

The Wolves loanee made ground and then timed his ball perfectly into the path of Kurtis Guthrie, who was clear with just the home keeper to beat.

Guthrie’s shot wasn’t good enough to beat Bonham, but with the U’s breaking in numbers, the rebound fell to Senior and he happily sidefooted into the empty net.

It was a great end to an entertaining half for the U’s, with both sides attacking at every opportunity.

The U’s continued on the front foot at the start of the second period, with Jackson again getting forward on the right but having his shot saved.

On fifty four minutes, Guthrie had to be replaced after he was caught by a naughty tackle – Liam Mandeville coming on for his U’s debut.

He was immediately in the action, curling a right foot effort wide of the target after good work from Senior and Wright on the left.

In a rare home attack, Eastman fouled Stockton on the edge of the area and the referee awarded the hosts a free kick.

Devitt stepped up, but his curling effort clipped the top of the crossbar on its way out for a goalkick.

On seventy one minutes, the tiring Senior was replaced by Sammie Szmodics, but the U’s top goalscorer could only watch as the hosts started pumping balls forward.

Twardek hit a good chance over at the near post before Carlisle were awarded another free kick, this time Luke Prosser was adjudged to have fouled sub Reggie Lambe.

Having got his eye in earlier, Devitt curled this effort brilliantly into the top corner giving Walker no chance and levelled the scores.

The goal spurred the U’s into an attacking frenzy, with Mandeville causing mayhem with a cross that was flicked away on the line before Szmodics could pounce.

Mandron then twisted and turned inside the box, making space for himself to shoot, but his shot rebounded off the post to a defender to clear.

Wright had a shot saved, then Jackson struck one wide as the U’s went for a late winner.

It was all out attack for the U’s in the final couple of minutes as well, with Szmodics hitting a long range effort wide and Murray shooting straight at Bonham in the home goal.

That winner didn’t come, and for the second away game in succession, the U’s were denied a win by a late home equaliser.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block