Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
04 November 2017 Venue Weston Homes Community Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Lapslie Back In The Fold

Midfielder in contention for cup clash

3 November 2017

Colchester United boss John McGreal has a strong squad at his disposal for Saturday's Emirates FA Cup tie against Oxford City.

John is boosted by the return of Tom Lapslie, after the midfielder served a one game ban for his sending off against Coventry a fortnight ago.

The U's Head Coach has four of his five loanees available to him for the match against City, with only Nicke Kabamba unable to play in the cup clash.

Sammie Szmodics and Kane Vincent-Young have both been training this week, but the game may come too soon for the young duo.

Tickets for the game are cheaper in advance, with tickets also available at

Come and join us as we begin this season's FA Cup adventure!

Advertisement block

Match Reports

U's On The End Of Shock Defeat

One goal enough to end FA Cup hopes

4 November 2017

Colchester United were sent tumbling out of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday afternoon, as Oxford City sprung a shock in the First Round tie.

The U's came into the game in decent form, with just ohe defeat in seven in the league, but they weren't able to get up a head of steam against a City side that defended manfully throughout, whilst also testing the home side back four with some good forward play.

Matt Paterson's goal was enough to separate the two sides come the final whistle and, whilst the U's pressed in the final fifteen minutes as they sought an equaliser, City protected their keeper Jack Stevens well in the dying stages with bodies on the line to maintain their lead.

No FA Cup run for the U's this season, then, as City will take the headlines in Sunday's papers.

The U’s named a full strength side for the game against the Conference South outfit, and they started the game on the front foot with plenty of possession, without truly opening up the visiting defence.

They did have a chance on seven minutes, but Reid scuffed his shot on the edge of the box when he might have been able to take a touch.

Chances were hard to come by in the early stages, but Reid was the next to go close as some patient U’s play ended at the feet of Reid again and he rifled just over the bar with keeper Jack Stevens well beaten.

Both teams then struck the woodwork within the space of two minutes. First Tom Eastman crashed a header against the bar from a U’s corner, before Matt Paterson cannoned his free kick off Sam Walker’s crossbar.

The game was opening up and Brandon Hanlan drove the U’s into the box and squared it to Mikael Mandron, but the Frenchman lifted his effort over the bar.

Next, Drey Wright nutmegged his defender, but when he was in on goal, scuffed his shot and Stevens collected.

Then the ball found Loft in a central position and he got a shot away that was held by Stevens as the U’s hoped for a rebound.

The visitors were holding strong and, just before half time, Reid sent over two dangerous crosses, the second of which that Mandron chested and volleyed, with the keeper saving again.

It was goalless at the break, but City got their noses in front within the first minute of the second half.

The ball came in from the left and Paterson stooped to head home and put the visitors in front.

The U’s responded with a Reid free kick that clipped the wall and went just wide, but the visitors looked energised by their goal and were incisive in the next fifteen minutes.

The non-league side were managing their lead well, picking up a series of fouls to disrupt the flow of the game.

The U’s then had two good chances as Slater forced a good save out of Stevens, before Eastman had a shot blocked on the six yard line.

Kinsella then tried to find a path to goal himself, winding past three players before pulling his shot just wide of the far post.

The U’s made their final change with eleven minutes left, with Tommy O’Sullivan coming on in place of Brandon Comley.

And the midfielder was straight into the action as he drove past two and shot just wide.

The U's had an increased urgency going into those final stages as they pressed for an equaliser and City put bodies on the line time and time again as they sought to preserve their lead.

And despite that late pressure, time ran out on the U's as their cup hopes came to a premature end as the visitors took the honours.

Advertisement block

Ticket News

Buy In Advance To Save On Cup Tickets

U's host Oxford in First Round tie

3 November 2017

Colchester United venture into the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday, as they look to make progress in the famous competition.

They take on Oxford City in the First Round tie, looking to build on a run of form that has seen them climb the League Two table in recent weeks.

Fans are reminded that tickets for the match are cheaper in advance, with prices as follows:-

In Advance

Adult: £14
Concessions/U18s: £10
18-21s: £12
U14s: £4
U11s: £2.50

Matchday Price

Concessions/U18s: £12
18-21s: £14
U14s: £6
U11s: £4

Tickets can be bought by visiting our Col U Tickets website or by calling 01206 755161.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account