Two get into top ten for November.
Eleven academy players have shown that they’ve been paying attention to Luis Suarez, Sergio Aguero, Romelu Lukaku et al judging by the quality of goals in League Football Education’s (LFE) Goal of the Month competition for November.
Southend United youngster Kane Farrell took the honours last month for his marauding run from left-back against Peterborough in the Youth Alliance League.
That effort had more than a passing resemblance to Ryan Giggs’ wondrous FA Cup semi-final winner back in 1999 and this time eleven of his peers are hoping to make a similar impression.
Once again, the U's Academy has representation in the shortlist, with Jack Curtis' superb finish against Plymouth in the FA Youth Cup and Callum Harrison's rocket against Watford included.
The contenders are:-
• Reece Fyfe, NOTTS COUNTY v Peterborough United
• Oliver Watkins, EXETER CITY v Newport County
• Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Crystal Palace v SHEFFIELD UNITED
• Alex Naylor, Preston North End v MORECAMBE
• Sam Humphreys, OXFORD UNITED v Hereford United
• Navid Nasseri, Rotherham United v BURY
• Jack Curtis, COLCHESTER UNITED v Plymouth Argyle
• Tom Woods, MORECAMBE v Bradford City
• Dominic Telford, Bury v BLACKPOOL
• Callum Harrison, Watford v COLCHESTER UNITED
• Leon Dawson, Burton Albion v Hull City
LFE chief executive Alan Sykes said: “This competition showcases the stars of tomorrow. It is always extremely competitive and remains hugely popular.”