Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

U's Beaten By Norwich

15 October 2013

Young U's scare Premier Leaguers


Conor Hubble and sub Ryan Melaugh got the U's goals in the second half, after the U's had gone four goals behind. 

A young side went down 4-2 to the Premier League outfit but the scoreline didn't really reflect the game.

The U's U21s have been beaten at Norwich City.

Richard Hall's youngsters played some incisive football and created numerous other chances against The Canaries.

And Hall praised the Norwich keeper for thwarting his side but rued a mad few minutes in each half.

"We were really pleased with the lads, apart from a short period of time in the first half and their fourth goal, which came just after break.
"We did really well in terms of creating opportunities and chances but on the day, their keeper had one of those days where he saved everything."

"I can't criticise the lads too much because 95% of what we did was exactly what we wanted, the mistakes cost us dear for the other 5% of the time.  

"I'm sure they will learn from the mistakes that cost us the goals, three came in five minutes in the first half, and we don't mind them making mistakes as long as they do learn."




Advertisement block