If you are aged between 16 and 18 and not sure which path to take, then why not consider a free 12 week traineeship at Colchester United?
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain work experience and learn new skills, offering career progression paths within a sport and leisure environment. This is your chance to be part of a traineeship programme with your local professional football club.
U's : “Not everyone can make the most of the school environment and we are fully committed to help every young person that signs up for this course.
“I want to ensure they understand that each one of them is an invaluable member of our community and help them realise their potential.
“They are part of our community’s future, so we will invest in their development creating an environment where they will learn and grow.”
The trainees will spend 12 weeks at Colchester United, working with the staff from the Football in the Community Programme. Here they will get the chance to shadow professional members of the club’s staff, community football coaches and sports coaches.
Over the 12 weeks each trainee will get:-
- Free training in employment skills including; creating your CV, seeking employment opportunities and interview skills
- Free Maths and English lessons which will help them catch up with the minimum job entry requirements.
- Experience sports coaching within a professional environment
- High quality work experience in business administration, hospitality, grounds maintenance, and match day.
- Working with a team gaining valuable experience of working in the sport and leisure industry.
- Matchday experience at the JobServe Community Stadium
This will be a fascinating 12 weeks and after successful completion of the Traineeship course, each trainee will receive:-
- certificates for any exams passed
- certificate of completion
- a letter of reference to support future job/apprenticeship applications.
The trainees will also be given a formal practice interview for any potential employer and/or an apprenticeship with written feedback and (where available) opportunities to refine your interview skills.
Mark added: “We must let our young people, who are perhaps at a cross-roads in terms of their next step, understand that we can provide an environment where they will be given the opportunity to take that next step with our full support.”
Places are limited and on a first-come-first-served basis so get started by registering your interest today by contacting Mark Harris at email@example.com