Colchester United Football in the Community welcomes the support of the club’s first team players for the 2021/22 season through the Club’s Community Ambassadors Programme.
Colchester United Football in the Community engage with 8,500 people each week supporting our communities across a range of Health & Inclusion, Education and Sports Participation programmes and projects, with the objective ''To enrich the lives of the people within the communities we operate through physical education and the brand of Colchester United.”
The Community Player Ambassador’s Programme is supported by the Players' Football Association (PFA) who supports current and former professional footballerss, and their support of this programme allows players to become more involved with their local community and help enrich the communities who engage with their local football club.
Tommy Smith, Colchester United Club Captain and Colchester United Football in the Community Ambassador shared; "It's massively important that we as players and a club give back to the local communities that give us so much support throughout every season. Without them, we wouldn't be able to do what we do, so when we get the chance to do these sorts of things, we can't wait to get out there and engage with the community once the restrictions ease enough."
The Colchester United First team squad have been allocated community programmes to become Ambassadors for the 2021/22 season:
- Sport & Education Ambassador – Tom Eastman
- Female Development Centre & Wildcats Ambassadors – Noah Chilvers & Cole Skuse
- Male Development Centre Ambassadors – Freddie Sears & Ryan Clampin
- Premier League Kicks Ambassador – Miles Welch-Hayes
- Holiday Soccer Camp Ambassadors – Gene Kennedy & Frank Nouble
- Skills Centre Ambassador – Harry Beadle
- Premier League Primary Stars Ambassadors – Brendan Wiredu & Junior Tchamadeu
- Football College Programme Ambassador – Tommy Smith
- Joy of Moving Ambassador – Alan Judge
- Walking Football Ambassador – Luke Hannant
- Unite Our Communities Programme Ambassador – Samson Tovide
- Disability Ambassador – Shamal George
- Senior U’s Ambassadors – Luke Chambers & Dean Gerken
- NCS Ambassador – Charlie Daniels
The U’s players will be working alongside staff on these community programmes to engage with participants as often as possible, both virtually and in person once restrictions ease.
Rick Goldsbrough, Community Performance Manager detailed: “To have the support of the clubs' first team players is fantastic and really supports bringing our community closer together with each other and our club."
"The faces of our participants young and old when engaging with the players is a joy to behold and really enriches their experiences on our community programmes. We’re excited to continue work alongside the club and have players engaging online as much as we can until they can get out there in person.”
If you’d like to know more about what Community Programmes Colchester United Football in the Community has available please visit - https://www.cu-fc.com/fitc/
If you’d like to book programmes please visit - https://officialsoccerschools.co.uk/colchesterunited/