Community Events at Colchester United
In addition to the extensive range of excellent facilities available for hire, we are pleased to be able to support a number of community projects from not for profit groups in the Colchester Community. Amongst all of the regular activities held at the JobServe Community Stadium, we are committed to supporting local charities and community projects and offer use of the facility on a not-for- profit basis, allowing qualifying organisations the opportunity to reward staff and volunteers and raise important funds.
The community event scheme can offer substantial savings with free room valued at up to £1000+VAT. In addition to this we also provide catering and staffing at cost which equates to a 25% discount off our list prices for menus and equipment hire.
Community events are run by the stadium at cost for your event - the costs that we pass on to you within the catering price include the catering, staff, security and additional costs incurred by the venue to host your event. We price events this way to offer you transparency and a clear guide to the cost of your event so that you can run this successfully for your organisation.
Standard pricing will apply to the bar and any pre-ordered drinks.
This special arrangement will only be available to local or regional not-for-profit organisations from one of the following sectors:
- Voluntary groups
- Social enterprise
- Charities for local causes
- Other third sector organisations
- Non-governmental agencies
- Other types of not-for-profit groups
Our Events Committee will consider applications when they are received and will endeavour to respond within 14 days.
Please note that all approved community events are subject to a £200+VAT deposit to secure the date.
If the event is cancelled this is a non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be taken off the final balance of your event.
We appreciate that planning an event can take a lot of organising so below are some hints and tips to help when completing your application and planning your event:
- Put your community event application in with plenty of time to plan your event - we advise allowing at least 6 months to plan and sell your event.
- When choosing potential dates for your event bear in mind that most Friday and Saturday nights are normally sold a long way in advance and match days can dictate availability so it might be worth considering Sunday - Thursday too.
- If you are planning to sell tickets for your event, ensure that you take into account any costs over and above the catering costs when setting your prices.
- Promote your event as early as possible.
- When choosing your menu remember that if you are giving guests a choice you will need to co-ordinate their pre-orders and will need to supply these along with a table plan to us at least 7 days prior to your event. It will save you time if you choose one set menu and just offer a vegetarian alternative.
These Community Events are intended to provide fantastic value for appropriate beneficiaries located within our local and wider community. We hope to see a rich and exciting range of events and activities from groups enjoying this significant community benefit.
Complete a community event application form today.