Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
21 August 2018 Venue JobServe Community Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

As You Were For Crewe Clash

21 August 2018

Colchester United will look to extend their unbeaten start to the season when they host Crewe on Tuesday night.

The U's have collected five valuable points in their games so far, with two strong away draws sandwiching a home win over Port Vale.

John McGreal's men now take on Vale's neighbours and rivals Crewe in their second home game, the first of two in a week with Northampton due at the JobServe Community Stadium at the weekend.

Fresh from a dramatic late equaliser at Mansfield at the weekend, the U's have no injury worries ahead of Crewe's visit.

The Alex come into the game on the back of a 0-0 draw against MK Dons on Saturday, and David Artell's side have kept two clean sheets and only conceded one goal in their three games to date.

Tickets for the game are available online at the Advance rate until 6.45pm on Tuesday, so be sure to get yours ahead of the match!

Travel Reminder
Supporters are reminded that the shuttle bus service came to a close in the summer. For travel options for the midweek game, take a look at our travel information HERE.

Can't Make The Game?
The match will be shown LIVE with commentary on the club's iFollow channel. So, for our UK exiles, it's a chance to see the team in action as they look to push on in League Two's early stages!

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Six Of The Best From The U's

Outstanding U's sweep Crewe aside

21 August 2018

Colchester United stormed to their biggest win at their new stadium - and the biggest at home in the league since 1996 - as they hit Crewe for six on Tuesday evening.

It was a stunning performance from the very first minute and they were in the lead with just four minutes on the clock when Frankie Kent smashed home.

The U's did not look back from that point and put in one of the most complete performances of recent years as they put Crewe to the sword.

It elevated them into the automatic promotion spots ahead of another home game on Saturday, in what has become a very good start to the season.

The U’s got off to a flying start as their early pressure was rewarded. A ball was thrown into the box and whilst Szmodics’ initial shot was blocked, Kent reacted quickest to lift it into the roof of the net.

One became two in quick succession and it was Dickenson this time who was on the mark. A ball dropped to him on the edge of the box and it was a sensational swerving finish into the bottom corner to make it 2-0.

The visitors started to see a bit more of the ball and had a chance when Porter stole in for a glanced header, but it was an easy collect for Barnes on this occasion.

The U’s were always the greater goal threat, though, and another flowing move ended with Senior squaring it for Dickenson, whose shot clipped the back of Hunt and went just over.

But the third goal was not far away and, 27 minutes in, a long Jackson throw dropped to Dickenson at the far post and he rifled his shot into the roof of the net beyond the helpless Richards.

Dickenson then sent in a fine free kick that just eluded the darting header of Pell in the box as the U’ pressed.

The home side then had a shout for a penalty as Kent was seemingly pulled to the ground as the ball was crossed in, but the referee was not interested this time.

Ten minutes before half time, it was nearly four as Senior was sent away by Dickenson, but his touch was marginally too heavy as he got to the area, and Richards was out to block the shot.

But it couldn’t take away from a sensational first half form the U’s, who went into the break three to the good.

Such was the home side’s dominance that the visitors made two changes at the break and they started the half well, with Porter flicking a header just over the bar.

However, the U’s were into their stride as the hour approached and first Senior had one cleared off the line, before Szmodics’ follow up was also blocked.

Prosser kept the U’s three in front with a brilliant block from Nicholls from a goalbound shot and that proved crucial shortly after.

The corner was badly taken and the U’s raced forward, with Szmodics setting up Senior. Richards blocked the first shot, but Jackson rifled home into the bottom corner.

The U’s were completely dominant and, with the game looking like it was in the bag, they made two changes with Norris and Collins coming on for Nouble and Senior.

And Norris was quickly into the action, running onto a Vincent-Young pass into the box to finish into the far corner.

Five quickly became six, as Dickenson continued to probe the Crewe defence and sent over a whipped cross that Lapslie turned home.

Prosser came off for Eastman for the last thirteen minutes as the U’s completed their substitutions.

The U's continued to press and probe, and it was only in the final moments of the match that they took their foot off the pedal to secure a memorable victory.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block