Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

28 September 2019 Venue Moss Rose Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

U's Draw At Macclesfield

Points shared in the North West

28 September 2019

Colchester United have drawn 1-1 at Macclesfield Town

Both goals came in the first half at Moss Rose.

Macclesfield opened the scoring through Emmanual Osadebe, but Theo Robinson levelled things up in injury time at the end of the half.

The U's had the better of things after the break, but couldn't capitalise and had to be content with a point.

On a slick pitch, the hosts started on the front foot and were creating chances throughout the early stages of the game.

O’Keefe hit the top of the bar from a left wing cross on three minutes, and Osadebe could only find the hands of Dean Gerken three minutes later.

Gnahoua and Archibald hit shots wide for Macclesfield on ten and eleven minutes, and it wasn’t a surprise when they went ahead on twelve minutes.

Osadebe was given too much room on the edge of the penalty area, and after evading a last ditch tackle, he calmly found the bottom corner.

Two more shots came the hosts’ way, but both Gomis and Kirby hit their efforts over the crossbar.

Tom Lapslie had a shot blocked, but then Gerken prevented the hosts doubling their lead on two occasions as half time approached.

First, a reflex save to his right denied Gnahoua, then he raced out to save from Archibald.

That save came on forty four minutes, and the U’s scored against the run of play in the first minute of added time.

Tom Eastman got forward from his centre back position, crossed low into the near post area and Theo Robinson did the rest, turning it in past a disappointed Owen Evans.

Courtney Senior replaced  Brendan Sarpong-Wiredu, who was suffering from a chest infection, at the start of the break.

The best chance of the half came when Robinson broke free and using Nouble and Bramall as decoys, had a curling effort pushed away by Evans.

Bramall himself had two free-kicks at goal, but found Evans with the first and struck the second over the angle of the goal.

Ben Stevenson and Luke Norris were introduced with sixteen and fourteen minutes remaining, but the U’s couldn’t find a winner.


Advertisement block

Advertisement block