Colchester United’s Football in the Community is a registered charity that provides high quality sports and education programmes to children, young people and adults.
We continued to develop our School Sports Programme into 75 schools across the region throughout the 2016/17 academic year.
Schools have successfully used this service for a number of years as an affordable solution for PPA Cover and more recently to help improve sports provision and PE in line with the Primary School Sport Premium fund.
Take a look at our brochure HERE
The School Sport Programme will:-
• Promote learning across the National Curriculum - in particular moral, social, cultural, spiritual development, Health Awareness and Key Skills through PE and Sport
• Assist teachers with defining and improving PE attainment levels
• Support your teaching staff with their P.E knowledge and build confidence when delivering
• Ensure a child-centred philosophy adopting the outcomes of: being healthy, staying safe, enjoying and achieving through learning
• Improve the health and well-being of children and young people
• Promotes physical development within sessions and allows for VAK activities and enhances provision for physical development as advocated in Ofsted Framework.
The new academic year sees the Football in the Community programme again working with Colchester United Football Club, giving your school access to the U’s resources.
We believe this gives our community and school programmes something special and unique and we are excited about helping your pupils and their families to build stronger links with their local side.
We will continue to deliver affordable and high quality sporting provision for pupils and are proud to introduce FITC partner schools with those who sign an academic year service level agreement.
There are three levels of partnership depending on the amount of provision that is included. All further information can be found on our booking form at the back of the booklet.
If your school would like to join Colchester United’s School Sports Programme for the 2017/18 academic year, please fill in the relevant parts of the form in the brochure, or contact Rick Goldsbrough on email@example.com.